2.07.2013

Rexburg Is

I remember sadly leaving
little Rexburg behind 5 years ago.
I remember thinking, "When will we ever come back?"
Rexburg isn't on the top 10
(or even 100... 1000...1000000000?)
places to vacation.
Especially when you live across country.




But alas!
My sister-in-law

Ms. Laura Brown

made the way for all of us
to bask in its beauty, kindness, and genuine love once again.

Go Laura!!!



It was amazing to be back there again.
Even in December.


The campus and small town underwent a major facelift
since last we were there.






New buildings.
Renovated old ones.
Huge apartment complexes.
I almost didn't recognize it.




But there was something very familiar.


It felt like curling up next to a warm fire.
It felt like embracing an old friend.
It felt like savoring a spoonful of your best homemade soup.



It felt like home.



And I really missed it.



I love Rexburg.



I love it for all it taught me.

 
I love it for who it helped me become.  


I love it for all it stands for. 


I love it for what it continues to be. 


I love it. 

Funny to think I cursed the day I got accepted.
Rexburg?
Podunk potato land?
'

Little did I know
what was in store for me. 


So much more
than I had planned for. 

Go Laura!


My fellow BYU-Idaho alumni. 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you came back for a visit to this crazy place! We certainly had some good times and made awesome memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... that made me teary! Yes, MANY wonderful reasons to love your times there!

    ReplyDelete