2.05.2013

Meeting Norman

Once upon a time
we met a man.
But not just any man.



Norman Bridwell.

Most of you know and love him
because of this:



But I know and love him
because of this:



"The Witch" series.
Not well known.
But holds a special place in my childhood memories.

Well he lives here!
Lucky us.
Ever since I found that out I was star struck
anxious for the day I could meet him.
I don't get star struck very often.
But Mr. Bridwell?
Yes.



During "Christmas in Edgartown"
I heard he was doing a book signing.
Score!
I made sure we were going to be there
with my copy of
"The Witch Grows Up"
in hand for him to sign.
That was my favorite of the series.
I remember copying his illustrations of the little witches:
black spot eyes, bouncy blonde curls, striped socks
the little details are irresistible. 

It was such an exciting moment!
I got to meet one my childhood heros
and tell him how much his books meant to me.
How often does that happen?

He was a very sweet man!
Exceeded my expectations.
And after telling him about my love for his witch books,
he said those were his favorite too.
(over Clifford!)

Pure bliss.

ps... I need to add a small shout out
to the man in front of us who took our photo.  (:

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED those cliffered books so wonderful that you got to meet him!!!

    ReplyDelete