3.06.2013

A budding love

I have a new love.
We met 10 years ago.





We got off to a great start. 
It was all fun and games in the beginning.
Then I got to know it a little better.
Then it over stayed its visit.
Then it got old.
Then I was over it.


However it kept creeping into my life.
I dealt with it.
I tried playing with it.
I put up with it.
I hated it.
I dreaded it.
I absolutely despised it.
But I had no control over it.



It was like the class final you had to put up with every semester.
Or the bad cold you got every winter.
Or the relative you didn't get along with
but made sure to send a Christmas card to.




I knew it was always going to be there...
 so I put up with it. 




This year is different.
This year I fell in love.


Maybe it's because we didn't get to see each other much last year.
Or maybe it's because I realize without it
my life is bleak, dismal, and absently... brown.




For whatever reason,
I'm in love.
And I'm happy it's here. 



Snow...



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. That close up shot of the snowflakes is incredible! So pretty! I never knew snowflakes actually looked like the paper-cut out ones. I hate the snow and cold, but these pictures look gorgeous, almost make me want some snow in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully written, we've got lots of snow here in colorado!

    ReplyDelete