4.08.2013

Endurance Month

April.



Spring for most.
A slowly fading winter for everyone else. 


That's why I'm calling it...

Endurance Month.


Endurance is needed when your patience, hope, and strength
have been completely sucked from your bones.  


That's what winter does to me. 


Endurance is needed when you've given it all you've got
and yet you feel like you've gone nowhere.  


That's what winter does to me. 


Endurance is needed when you've tried your best to stay optimistic,
looking for rainbows, dancing in the rain, and all that jazz...

but no matter how hard you try
 the cup is starting to look half empty.   


That's what winter does to me.  


 So I'll keep proceeding!
 Keep trudging on through Endurance Month.
Giving it all I've got.
By simply enduring.



I'll wear my snow coat.
Bury my feet in the cold sand.
Sip hot chocolate.

And shop online for a new summer swimsuit.  


I'll go for cold walks.
Scavenge the bleak landscape.
Seek warmth in my furry blanket.

And display tulips in my kitchen window.


I'll keep the heater on.
Proudly wear my fading fleece sweater.
Face the reality of my pasty white skin.

And put a spring wreath on the door.



And...
 I'll keep the snow clothes on the rack.
My slippers near my bed.
The tea kettle on the stove.

And dream of the hot summer sun.



You will not avenge me
Endurance Month! 
 
I've endured you once before. 


I'm almost certain
I can endure you again. 


But if not
you know where to find me...


No! Not dead in a bush
letting nature get the best of me!

But in California.
Where Endurance Month does not exist.  
  
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to endure with you! So ready for Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where have I been?? Nose in scholastic books and up to my elbows in blood, poop, and spit! But oh, I have missed some amazing posts sister. You are fabulous. You captured what you felt. Wow. Endurance... that is my new favorite phrase, that and PRESERVERANCE... no one's gonna breaka my stride! Love you to pieces.

    ReplyDelete